Wednesday 15 April 2015

Forgiven a lot loves a lot

Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.” Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?” Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.” Luke 7 : 47 - 50

Whenever I think of myself in terms of being worthy to be a Child of God, I think of the woman who weep at Jesus' feet and wet his feet with her tears, then wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them. Luke 7:35-50



If it were by performance I wouldn’t be here writing these blogs, and thanks to God it is by grace, not only we are saved but live day by day. He keeps  forgiving our sins every day, the power of His mercy and grace allow us to fellowship with Him and with others who are much better than us in their performance. Yes, all of us are sinners but if forgiveness were granted by performing to compensate for the sin we have done but not only by confessing it, I am sure I wouldn’t be here enjoying His word; instead I would be still doing all I can to gain forgiveness for the sins that I have done years before. In every aspect of my life, I have been forgiven day by day when I confess my sins. That always amazes me, one word makes me to feel His comforting hand wrapped around me and hear His comforting words saying “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

In case you are not in peace with yourself perhaps it is good to check whether there is unconfessed sin. It takes only a moment to get forgiveness. Go and kneel down and confess it. In 1 John 1:9 it says “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (NIV)

Personally, the more I understand that I have a God who has limitless forgiveness the more I hate sin and stay away from it. One of the main lies of the enemy that hold us from going to the throne of God and from prayer is by  accusing us as if we are not worthy to pray or go to church because of our sins. But there is one and only one truth, “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lamentation 3:22-13 (NIV)

I am forgiven a lot hence I love a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment